Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Thirsty

Well here it was 7:45 p.m. and my sleepy little boy drifted off to sleep. He looked so sweet that I thought well if he wakes up early we will just start our day sooner. I can tell you that 12:30 a.m. was not what I thought of as getting up early! Christian woke up full of songs and laughter. I woke up feeling like a big slug. As I am sitting there asking myself why am I awake now and wont you please go back to sleep, Christian looked at me and said "Thirsty". So, we sprinted out of bed to get a drink. I handed him a drink and he said "MMM good drink". I had to smile and be thankful for the words he is beginning to use. Something as simple as asking for a drink can be hard and frustrating for him. There are times that even the thought of him talking when asked sends him into tears. At 2:30 a.m. when he finally fell back to sleep, basically curled on top of my head, I said a "Thank You" prayer for those bright moments no matter how ill-timed when Christian is able to find the words to say "thirsty".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home