Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Understanding Hurts

Right now, I am working with Christian to figure out what it is he needs most. I am working on him indicating when he is hurting, pairing the sign with identifying and pointing with where he hurt himself. He has caught on and has been able to tell me what is wrong. He can say, "Hurt finger" and show them to me. He has told me "Hurt ears" when the fire alarm went off. I so often would find him crying and not have any idea where he hurt himself (my constant climbing, jumping guy) and now I feel this will help us to better help him. Tonight, He said "Ouch" and I asked him what and he said "my toe hurt" and pointed to his foot that had a blister.

After his bath tonight, I handed him a towel and he went into the bedroom to watch Barney. When he saw there was no Barney, he said "Sad. Where Barney go"? I went in and he went through a list of emotions (Happy, angry, sad and I played them with him). When I pretended to cry, he said "what's wrong". I know that is an imitation of me, but it is appropriate.

Today at day-care, Tina asked him what he wanted to do if he wanted to read a book or play dinasours and he said "nothing". Tina laughed and I was amazed at how much progress he is making. I told him today I had to go to work and he said "No, Pretty please" Tina said when she really wants him to do something that is what she says to him. He is getting things and making connections.

I will keep working with him and following him closely right now. Dr. Crevar saw him today and did another adjustment. He says that he is doing right brain stimulation because he is right brain delayed. He is adamant that CC is not autistic. I did not go into anything with him and just told him I was thankful for any help he might give me son. We will wait and see what progresses from here.

I must go and play with Lily and put CC to bed. I look forward to watching him grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home