Monday, June 20, 2005

My Name is .... Christian

One of the things that I very much wanted for Christian is for him to learn his name. When we are out in public, people always stop and say, "What's your name?" Christian will just look at them and say nothing. He knows his name, can identify himself in a photo by his name, and can identify it written. However, he misses that social communication peice of saying it when asked. I have worked on scripting and rote conversations with him lately. I will say, My name is Mommy" Your name is Christian. Then I will say it and leave out the last word. He can then fill it in. I have done the same things with teaching him his siblings and family members names. If I ask "what's her name" 9 out of 10 times he wont answer me. If I say, "Her name is ..." He will fill in the blank. At church on Sunday, someone asked him his name and he said Your name is Christian! I know it is a script but he used in a social context and I am thrilled! We just have to keep working and keep moving forward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home