Thursday, May 05, 2005

I did it!

Christian is simply amazing me lately at how fast he is progressing. The things he says and does surprise me at most turns now.

This week he was able to blow a bubble and was so enthralled at this success. It was son wonderful to hear his " I did it!" and see his eyes twinkle as he saw the bubbles.

Last night, after coming home from church, he sang a song he had made up to his sister. He sang a song "Lily, Lily, I love you.. I love you... Baby Lily, Baby Lily, I love you" It was to the rhyme of Fere Jacques. Even now, I am in awe of this progress. No one had sang this song to him before so this was him thinking up the words. IMAGINATION is sparking within my child.

Tuesday when I took him to Day care, Tina (his teacher) shared with me tha the day before he had made a picture for me. When his dad came to pick him up, he ran and got his picture and carried it to Daddy, saying "My Mommy". WOW! Christian will bring you a book to read or something to open, but he has never brought me something to show me something he had done. If he colors, he leaves it where he laid it. He has began to use possessive's in speech (me, my, you)

I took him on Sunday to see MeMe and Papa and they were so pleased with what they saw in him. He was able to say every letter, count to twenty, and identify many common objects. He saw some grapes in a picture and said "Purple". I asked his daycare if he had learned grapes were purple and Tina said she has colored squares and they are working on identifying colors, but they were not specific to an item. This means that he really knows the color and it is not a rote statement.

He is following directions better for me and will bring things to me upon request. He has shown a burst in communicating and has been having some difficulties with the word "no". He feels that if he asks for something we should let him do what he wants to escape what the wants. I am trying to show him empathy that he is upset but keep working with him to follow my commands. I am noticing his pushing and climbing more and seeking deep pressure. I let his school know so that we can use these things across settings.

He has been asking for cookies when he went into the kitchen and trying to climb to get them. He cried one day because I would not let him in the kitchen and when I asked why, he said "cookie". I went and got the cookie for him and all was better.

I am thankful for God's prescence in our family and for my son's continued growth. His supports (Lisa, Vicki, Toby, Keri, Day care, Meme and Papa and family) make all the difference in our lives. I look forward to many more celebrations where I can hear him say "I did it"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home