Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It's Right there Mama (pointing to his cup)

Christian has had 10 days now with a flu bug. He has had vomiting and diarhea off and on now for this period. You would never know he is sick.. he runs and plays and has lots of energy. He did whimper at school when he had diarrhea as if his stomach was hurting him. He would cry after vomiting but make no indications before he was going to be sick. I hope now that his feeling better he is well on his way to be over this yuck! During this period of a queasy stomach, he has been on a very bland diet. I have given him no milk/soy milk, no dairy (as usual) and have avoided juice. He has been eating bland things.. like bannanas, ginger ale/clear fluids. He has had some really big breakthough moments where he is using 5 words at a time. This is unusal for him and he has not repeated it.. but this is a GIANT deal. I asked him yesterday, "Christian, where is your drink?" He looked at me, scanned the room, visually saw it and said, while pointing "Its right there Mama". When I asked him to go and get it, he actually did! When we were taking a bath, he took a bath toy and looked at me through a hole in it and said " I see your picture Mama". He loves pictures and cameras and seemed to make a connection with this one. He has answered Yes and no questions more readily (although not consistently at all). He has been labeling like crazy (everything he sees that he understands). On Sunday, I told him we were going to go to Church. His reply was "see Meme papa". I told him we would talk about it after church. On the way home, I asked him if he wanted to go home and see Lily and Daddy. His reply was "see meme Papa". So, we went to visit his Meme and Papa in Nashville on Monday. The past two days, he has been asking for Toby. He goes to the door and looks out the window and says "Toby" excitedly. He has been saying the names of "Tina, Alaysia, Sklyer". He had been labeling like mad lately. It is great.. but it may be a little of an avoidant thing too. When he labels, it is at times when there is something we are trying to get him to do (not Christian directed) and he becomes upset. He has been saying WHOOOOAH, WHOOOAH alot lately, when he wants me to stop doing something. He has also been saying, STOP IT, ALL DONE and NO when he does not want me to do something. I was singing to him and he covered my mouth and said NO NO NO and I continued and he said ALL done and STOP IT. I was so tickled that I just kept singing. He was adamant with me so I stopped. When he got sick at his Meme's, he took a wash cloth I was using to clean him and threw it and said ALL DONE. So, he is being more declarative in what he wants. He is following my finger when I point and he is pointing himself. He is easily distracted though and forgets what you ask him if he is visually distracted. I am going to try to make a more concerted effort to write. He has also been sick and off a lot of things that he might have sensitivities too. So, we shall need to watch carefully as he is going back to a normal diet this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home