Thursday, June 22, 2006

Today is Thursday.. all day Long

Christian has started singing this new little song... Today is ... day today is ... day all day long. He has used this to organize himself about the days of the week and what is going on in his life. Pretty amazing for my little boy! I keep reflecting back because it is such a good guide for me as we go forward with his autism.

We look at where he was.. and I know in my soul that we have made the right choices with his treatment. Christian is ever changing and ever growing and I can hardly keep up. I would say he is thinking more... He tells me about using his imagination and he is able to sit down and talk with kids. Last week, he walked up to a child at church and said "Hello". When the child did not answer, he said "Hello, I was talking to you". To some of you, you will not understand the amazing part of this story. In the past, he would have just looked away or not even spoken, now.. He said.. I was talking to you!! My little boy's world is getting larger and larger by the day. He has stopped holding on to the need to live in his own little world everyday.

I am able to ask him to do something simple and he is listening and responding and doing what I asked of him. In the past few months, this would not have been possible for him. He is playing games and taking turns, sharing... all those things a child with autism is not supposed to do.

Okay here is thing... If we tested him right now.. would they label him autistic? Or would they say it has gone away. I know in my heart it is becoming less and less or a barrier for him and more and more of his life is coming through. Christian is able to tell me more of what he did today (even though I still have to ask it exactly the right way to get the answer). I think he is clearer because early education works!! Doing all the things you have to do to help your child get beter is PARAMOUNT! I would not want to redo all the hours of therapy and school and work.. but I would never leave it out in his vogage... It has made him who he is today.

We have been getting Chiropractic care and by the sheer grace of God we have found a wonderful doctor who understands autism and is helping my son to recover from some damage to his neck.. we are hoping to see gains from this.. and really have already.

Christian reads... Be careful when you try to spell in front of him.. he knows what your saying. I am so pleased with his progress and I just feel blessed to watch him everyday. Thank God for answered prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miah said...

I finally got to your blog. Wow I have heard that some children with autism recover. If recover is even the right word for it. It is great that he said hello to another child. I know you were thrilled with that.

I hope he continues to grow and learn. It sounds like you are doing every thing right.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

Check out my web-site - colombian coffee beans

10:02 AM  
Blogger SatireKing said...

I love you mommy
From Christian

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home