Monday, August 15, 2005

Blessings

The past few days, I have been sitting back and thinking about some things that were shown to me during this past week. I have been stopping to see the blessings of my son's disability and am in awe of what he teaches me. Without Christian;s autism, he may not have the same wonder and awe at Sesame Street or the love of Barney. I would not know the sheer magic in seeing Christian's eyes light up like a million stars when he sees me and squeals in delight when I come to get him at the end of the day. I know sometimes I think this is hard.. but often, I forget it is joyful and easy. Christian's spirit is light and he feels our home with laughter and songs. Michael asked me, if Christian is a happy little boy, whose problem is this autism anyway? Maybe he is right. Maybe, it is my need to see him move further and I am blindsided to his gifts. Friday, I woke up to Christian and Lily both full of laughter. Lily gave me the biggest smile and Christian laughed when I popped his thumb out of his mouth for the millionth time. I am thankful today for the blessings of my son's life and for the wonderful mom's and professionals who have taken the time to show me the blessings and how God is in control in our life. It still amazes me and I am honored to have two beautiful children. Lord, thank you for all you do to lift up our family and for allowing us to lift others along our journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home